Importance of Branch
It has been beautifully said that, “Civilization is through Civil Engineering.” This statement speaks volume about importance of Civil Engineering in everybody’s day to day life. Be it Housing, Transport, Industry, Irrigation, Power, Agriculture, Education or Health. Construction programmers are interwoven in a large measure in all sectors. Civil Engineer not only fulfills the basic Human needs but also sets the foundation for Development.
The Department is always actively busy in imparting good quality and value based education to the students. The department is committed to the advancement of the healthy academic culture and a symbiosis between the teachers and students. The present and future expectations of the learning process, experimentation and exchange of ideas are continuously occurring.
Civil Engineering Department is having student friendly, qualified and well experienced Faculty and staff to cater the needs of undergraduate technical courses. The department has got its own collection of books, reference material, projects and seminar reports, manuals in its departmental library.
- Graduates will be successfully employed in engineering, science or technology careers.
- Graduates are assuming management or leadership roles.
- Graduates will engage in continual learning by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will pursue professional registration or other appropriate certifications.
- Graduates will be active in civic engagement.
- the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- the ability to design and conduct experiments
- the ability to analyze and interpret data
- the ability to design a system or component to meet desired needs
- the ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- the ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- the ability to communicate effectively through writing and drawing
- the ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations
- an understanding of the impact of engineering on society
- an understanding of the necessity to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues in civil, environmental and architectural engineering
- the ability to use modern engineering techniques, skills and tools
- the ability to explain basic concepts in management, business, public policy and leadership
Before their graduation, students in civil and environmental engineering will take a capstone design course in addition to training in structural and foundation design, civil engineering systems, construction, engineering geology, engineering materials, geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, water quality, environmental engineering, fluid mechanics, computer-aided and manual engineering drawing, mechanics and dynamics, computer modeling, professional practice and ethics seminars, structural analysis and design, surveying, and transportation systems via required and elective courses. To see Department Library Details Click Here
To be an ideal knowledge resource centre in the state for obtaining education in Civil Engineering at the under graduate, post graduate and research levels and to produce professionally competent Civil Engineers with right attitude towards social responsibility accomplishing global needs.
Year of establishment: 2011 (UG) & 2014 (PG)
Courses & Intake
The Department of Civil Engineering was started with a sanctioned intake of 60 in the year 2011.
The annual sanctioned intake was increased to 120 in the academic year 2014-15 and further intake sanctioned of 24 M.Tech structural seats in the
academic year 2014-15.
The department aims to enrich the knowledge of students in both theory and p equipped with laboratory facilities having advanced equipments and machineries operated by concerned technicians.
Students are encouraged to actively participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in reputed institutions all over India and will be suitably rewarded by the management. The department conducts various placement activities and certified value added training programs like Total station training course, Estimation and costing, Planning and Design of structures by experts.
Every academic year Civil Engineering Students Association activities will be inaugurated by eminent personalities in the field of Civil Engineering. The department organized National level Technical Symposium, “SAPTHAVARNA-2014” year as a part of Civil Engineering Students Association activities. A variety of activities like intra department competitions on Paper presentation, Technical quiz, Poster design, model making, etc will be arranged every year as a part of Association activities.
our students are placed various reputed organizations.
List of UG Staff
|1||Dr. K E A Palanaippan||Professor|
|2||M Samba siva rao||Assoc. Professor|
|3||P Naga Sandeep||Assistant Professor|
|4||D Dinesh||Assistant Professor|
|5||B Naga Sai Kiran||Assistant Professor|
|6||B Veerendranath||Assistant Professor|
|7||Gadi Parasuram||Assistant Professor|
|9||A Dhana Lakshmi||Assistant Professor|
List of PG Staff
|1||K Dileep Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|2||Ch Lalitha Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|3||K Ravindra Babu||Assistant Professor|
student projects list for Academic Year 2019-2020
|S. No.||Project Title||Student Lead|
|1||Experimental Study to Identify the Strength Properties of Cement Pavers with Partial Replacement of Marble Dust and Quarry Dust||V.Gowtham|
|2||partial replacement of cement with marble dust in cellular light weight concrete blocks||B.Anil|
|3||Comparitive study of normal concrete with concrete partial replacement of fine aggregate with M sand||N.Chaitanya Barghava|
|4||Investigation of mechanical properties of nano concrete by adding nano silica and black carbon.||G. Mahesh Babu|
|5||Manufacturing And Testing of Plastic Sand bricks||P.Venkatesh|
|6||Planning, designing,analysis and estimation of residential multi storied building||P.vinod|
|7||Design of PPC Concrete Cubes with the use of Cigarette Butts(Cellulose Acetate)||M.Bhavani Kumar|
|8||Increasing the compressive strength of pervious concrete||G.Ravi|
|9||Experimental investigation on concrete for partial replacement of ordinary Portland cement with cocunut shell ash||K. Rakesh Gopal Sarma|
|10||Replacement of cement with waste plastic in pavement blocks||D. Navya sri|
Research Papers/Faculty development Programs / Workshops/Conferences